Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chicago Trip: Day 2

Woke up in the morning with my back in major pain but I wouldn't let that hold me down. We spent the morning and afternoon at the (free!) Lincoln Park Zoo.


It was pretty cold out but it was worth it. Thankfully, there were a number of indoor viewing areas. My favorite was definitely the Regenstein Center for African Apes--I could have spent all day there. The other highlights included the Regenstein African Journy (starring hippos, rhinos, giraffes) and The Lion House. I didn't realize it at the time but, apparently, there was even a mini-lion that tried to jump in my coat!


After finishing at the zoo, we decided rest for the rest of the day. My back needed it. And we had lots of plans for the next day.


1 comment:

dewanna said...

You should have brought the mini lion home for Julia!!!!

And I really think I could use one of those chair tables!!!