Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Post-talk thoughts

Today I presented my work for the first time since my oral exam in June in our department brownbag series. Surprisingly, I was more nervous for this one than my oral exam. Probably because I feel like the paper is now close to being finished. More specifically, I've been working on it for long enough that I've done most of what I can think to do--this means I can rarely respond to questions with "I haven't gotten to that yet."

Despite my nerves, the presentation went really well. I got a lot of positive feedback and a lot of suggestions that I think will improve my paper a great deal. That said, I thought I would feel a great relief after it was over but I don't. I still feel the same anxiety since all the good suggestions mean I still have a lot of work to do. But I'm excited to dive back in. I hope to have a draft ready to "go public" soon.

No comments: