Saturday, December 1, 2007

From the Comments

Renee Denfeld, Who wrote this book, All God's Children, IS SEVERELY MISINFORMED!! Where the hell did you get your information? Did you make it up for a more interesting story? I am an original member of NGP and sickboys, (i was a sick chick) and the stuff you wrote in your book is so off that it makes my blood boil. You are putting out slanderous info about a very vulnerable and lost group of people. Shame on you. You should find a way to right your wrongs.

Hazel 5150

This comment was in response to my previous post on Denfeld's claim that increasing initiation costs increased the demand for street family affiliation. Just to be clear, the "you" is most certainly referring to Denfeld and not myself. It isn't surprising that her book [amazon] wasn't well received by the street family community. I also wouldn't be surprised if it contained inaccuracies. (Although it was pretty compelling for the most part and didn't seem to confuse speculation for facts all that much.) In any case, I've followed up with Hazel and will report back if I get a response.


No comments: